Well its Friday, February 18, 2011, and it was our first day of potty training JP! We got up and got dressed and took Corley to school so that mommy and JP could spend the day together in his bathroom as we make our fist attempt to potty train him! Our first accident didn't take long and I was thankful that he did not like being wet and wanted to get changed. We sat in his bathroom I seriously think it was about 2 hours. I took the laptop in the bathroom since we could find Thomas the Train videos on Youtube.com, (all that thanks to my dad). I would post that picture of JP sitting on his potty with the laptop on his step stool, but I think John would kill me for it and so would JP once he got older! Just picture it!!! (If you really want to see it I have a copy of it on my phone). When we were not watching the youtube.com, we were reading fun books!
Around 10:30 am, I got a call from daycare saying Corley was not feeling well and had 101.4 fever. So around 11 am I got another call saying the Tylenol was not helping and out the door we went (with a diaper on). So what does that stinker JP do....up you got it stunk up his diaper. Oh well, at least it was the diaper and not his car seat! Got the kids home and feed lunch and Corley went down for her nap and JP did not, I think he had too much energy still! Finally I decided that his "nap time" was over and we got back into our big boy underwear and the potty training started up again, that was at 2:30. Let me tell you, I gave him water, milk, and a Capri Sun at dinner, and he went to the potty every 30 minutes with attempts only. We finally moved the potty to the living room so that he could watch other shows (and I was tired of the bathroom floor- I even took an old pillow in there as my bottom was tired of the cold floor). My folks brought dinner over and we eat his favorite, PIZZA!!!!! Towards 6:45pm he started getting tired, remember no nap! The tears came and he would only sit for about 10 seconds on the potty. He started to cry and wanted to go to Grammy's. Grammy told him that he could spend the night but that he had to bring his potty. So I packed him a bag and off to Grammy's we went. Grammy set the timer for 10 minutes, I told her that we probably should do 5, well about 4 minutes or so left, JP had his second accident of the day! That was the first time he went to the potty since 2:30 when I changed him back into his big boy underwear. Grammy and I decided that we would end potty training for this day!
So all in all not a bad day, just long and lots of patience's and bribing going on! He never went potty in his potty, but we at least accomplished the fact that he will sit on the potty and try. Early that day he would sit there for 45 minutes and watch his shows. I know that he has to learn that sensation of needing to go and with 2 accidents I feel that we have at least started that part!
I am very proud of JP today and it was a long day for him I can imagine and it will probably be a long weekend, but we are committed and with the Lord's help I know we can get through it!
I may need a Margarita when its all said and done with!!!
I know most probably won't read this blogs, but I am doing them for me and my memory so when its Corley's time, I can recall what I did with JP! And maybe just maybe for one of yall that do read it that it may give yall some help too. Trust me I have watched a ton of his shows and read books to JP!
don't give up! you guys will get it soon :) i remember my mom wold give my sisters grapes and make them sit on their potty lol.
ReplyDelete